<body>
Pre-excursion Plan - Malacca
Monday, August 24, 2009
6:11 PM
I know it sounds damn ridiculous and dumb because I'm a malaccan and what's the need to go for an excursion around malacca? Like hey this is so stupid, you have to walk under the hot sun ( predictable weather wtf ) wearing the oh-so-not-cool shades and got a freaking ugly tan at the end of the day for no freaking reasons. Well, the answer is simple. It's because I want to know more about Malacca ( wtf this one sounds even dumber ). Okay fine. Truth is, I don't want to rot at home and I can't go anywhere during holidays so Amanda and I plan to go around some historical places in Malacca since we both like to explore foods and places and such.

So after digging back all the brochures and booklets I took during a research about historical places in Malacca for the geography project I did last few years, I found a booklet with some informations. It stated many historical places that worth visiting but not in a very detail form. Though I think it might help at least a little.

Here's the places I've been to during the research and feel like visiting again.
  • Porta de Santiago ( A' Famosa )
    There's some cannon located nearby & it's so freaking cool! You can always find peoples doing paintings or selling paintings there.

  • St. Paul's Church
    Met a bunch of Hong Kong tourists there that make us go high wtf. Then we interviewed them for the project. The place is very spacious and ancient.

  • The Stadhuys
    Good spot for group photo taking at the museum entrance. I'm not sure about the museum though because... I didn't know there's a museum up there until I check the booklet wtf. I feel like a total idiot now.

  • Christ Church
    Went to this place like a hundred years ago when I was a kid so I can't remember a single thing about this place. According to the booklet, it says the interesting features include the church handmade pews, ceiling beams, brass bible, tombstone and 'The Last Supper' in glazed tiles, like... whao.

  • St. John's Fort
    Can go up to the hill to view the scenery but you'll end up suffering from so-called breathing difficulties or suffocation eventhough staircase was provided wtf.

  • The People's Museum
    A not-scary-at-all museum. It provides good information about spinning tops and kites. Spent hours copying the informations about spinning tops and kites without knowing that it's totally useless for the project.
  • There's a lot more like clock tower and victoria fountain but it's not in the booklet so I'll just leave it.

    For the excursion on Wednesday, we decided to go by Panorama bus or whatever tourists transportation service because :

    Melaka “Tourist Bus” service known as "Panorama Melaka" provides a cheaper and leisure way to explore Melaka. These buses stop at 23 famous attraction places ranging from historical sites to shopping complexes and leisure areas.

    Moreover, with the concept of hop on or off on a daily flat rate, the Panorama Melaka bus service is simply an attractive choice! You could hop off the bus as you please (at designated bus stop). Take your own leisure time to visit the area. Later you could simply hop on the next bus to the next destination.

    Where to buy the tickets? Just purchase the tickets on board any Panorama Bus.

    Quoted from a random travel web
    It's so freaking convenient isn't it? So definitely we're going to try this out!

    I got no idea where are we going to hop off the bus, probably near jonker street so we can try out all the foods along the street! By then my blog can officiallly turn into a food blog wtf. And taking pictures is a must hehe.

    Anyways we're just going to explore the town area, but I was thinking of going further rather than just around the town. Then the urge to go to Tanjung Bidara suddenly strikes me eventhough the sea water is badly polluted. I love beach alot so yeah. I even feel like having a picnic there wtf. Oh damn my mind is drifting too far again.

    Labels:




    Blog Archive
    February 2009 . March 2009 . April 2009 . May 2009 . June 2009 . July 2009 . August 2009 . September 2009 .

    Home

    RSS Feed